Main Conference Day One
HEADLINER CENTRE STAGE: WHO IS MORE INNOVATIVE, YOU OR YOUR CUSTOMER?8:00 am - 8:30 am Welcome, registration and refreshments
HEADLINER CENTRE STAGE: WHO IS MORE INNOVATIVE, YOU OR YOUR CUSTOMER?8:30 am - 8:45 am Chair's welcome and opening remarks Melissa Harris - CEO and Founder Telecom Training Corporation
HEADLINER CENTRE STAGE: WHO IS MORE INNOVATIVE, YOU OR YOUR CUSTOMER?8:45 am - 9:00 am Market overview Justin van der Lande - Principal Analyst Analysys Mason
HEADLINER CENTRE STAGE: WHO IS MORE INNOVATIVE, YOU OR YOUR CUSTOMER?9:00 am - 9:30 am Innovation headliner: Disrupt or Die Gary Walker - Founder 22North
Technology has not only changed the way we work, it’s levelled the competitive landscape, allowing start-ups to compete with the established larger organisations. Gary will discuss the disruptive new-comers who have forced businesses to re-evaluate their strategies, ways of working and culture. To get ready for the future, Gary will discuss how to evolve to ensure you’re not left behind.
HEADLINER CENTRE STAGE: WHO IS MORE INNOVATIVE, YOU OR YOUR CUSTOMER?9:30 am - 10:00 am Reserved for Amdocs Optima Yael Shatzky - Head Product and Solutions Marketing Amdocs Optima
HEADLINER CENTRE STAGE: WHO IS MORE INNOVATIVE, YOU OR YOUR CUSTOMER?10:00 am - 10:30 am Are you ready for the 4th industrial revolution? Graham Johnston - Head of Omnichannel and Digital First Three
- How will IOT change the way in which customers interact with us?
- What is innovation for customer experience? Discuss how a combination of old and new can be just as effective
- How can you adjust your channels and ways of working to capture future opportunities?
Graham JohnstonHead of Omnichannel and Digital First
CEM LEADERSHIP PARTNERSHIP PROGRAMME8:30 am - 10:30 am The inaugural CEM leadership partner programme Finbarr Joy - Group CTO SuperBet
The European telecoms and media market has become increasingly competitive and the quest for uncovering new pools of customers as well as retaining existing ones is more complex. Strategic collaboration between Operator, MVNO and OTT has become key to delivering the full customer offering.
Join this Chatham House session to discuss how you can partner and collaborate to deliver usability, speed to market and market leading customer experience.
Key areas of discussion will include:
- The new customer experiences which have landed outside of your market but will affect your future customer’s behaviour
- How to achieve the same level of product engineering as your competition
- How to remain price competitive in a saturated market
Finbarr JoyGroup CTO
10:30 am - 11:00 am Morning networking break
11:00 am - 11:30 am Interview session: Getting sign off!Sanjeev Jain - Chief Information Officer, EMEA Verizon Enterprise Solutions
- Prioritisation of tech – How to do you create a bullet proof business case for investment to ensure you can push forward with your CEM implementations swiftly?
- Demonstrating ROI - How do you demonstrate that tech investments are working for your business and where do stakeholders’ expectations need to be set?
- Invest to get ahead not just to catch up – Demonstrate the importance of your investment to make sure you stay ahead of your competition now and in the future
Sanjeev JainChief Information Officer, EMEA
Verizon Enterprise Solutions
11:30 am - 12:00 pm With other industries outpacing telecoms, how do you drive real customer engagement? Are you ready for the next generation?Walter Neeft - VP of Sales CALVI
Telcos are expected to tailor their products and services to fit customers’ personal needs and although many Telcos have successfully adapted their product offerings to meet these personalized demands, one major pain point remains: the invoice. As soon as the first invoice hits the (digital) doormat, those personalized and converged product offerings have become complex puzzles of information that often cause a lot of frustration and confusion.
The capability of the invoice as a vital instrument to engage & communicate with customers is often neglected. CALVI believes that everyone is entitled to a clear invoice and that it is widely underestimated what can be achieved by digitalizing and personalizing the billing touchpoint.
Walter NeeftVP of Sales
12:00 pm - 12:45 pm Headline panel session: Innovation - under-hyped or over-hyped?Tristan Allen - Innovation Consultant & Partner Room 44
Lieven Foubert - Director CRM & Market Intelligence Telenet Group
Graham Johnston - Head of Omnichannel and Digital First Three
Erik Meijer - Strategy GPM/Group Innovation - eCompany Deutsche Telekom AG
Yael Shatzky - Head Product and Solutions Marketing Amdocs Optima
- Cost effective innovations: Take a whirlwind tour of current and future innovations available to you and assess the cost effectiveness of each to your business model
- Substance over style: Assess the current use cases of new innovations including blockchain and the real impact it will have on your process management and customer experience
- Changing your business model – Does ROI of these innovations outweigh the changes which you will have to make to your internal structure and process worth?
Tristan AllenInnovation Consultant & Partner
Lieven FoubertDirector CRM & Market Intelligence
Graham JohnstonHead of Omnichannel and Digital First
Erik MeijerStrategy GPM/Group Innovation - eCompany
Deutsche Telekom AG
12:45 pm - 1:45 pm Networking lunch break
STREAM ONE: NETWORK CENTRIC CEM - OPTIMISING YOUR NETWORK FOR QOS EXCELLENCE1:45 pm - 2:15 pm Effectively benchmarking your quality of service Martijn Franssen - Director Digital Customer Service KPN
- With IOT continuously applying pressure to your network, how can you ensure that you bolster your network to support increasing congestion
- What are the current latency thresholds in the telecoms market before the customer looks elsewhere?
Martijn FranssenDirector Digital Customer Service
STREAM ONE: NETWORK CENTRIC CEM - OPTIMISING YOUR NETWORK FOR QOS EXCELLENCE2:15 pm - 2:45 pm How to enhance the digital billing experience Ian Lindsay - SVP Sales Soft-ex
- Challenges faced by B2C & B2B CSPs to leverage and consolidate multiple billing platforms to deliver a self-serve billing portal
- Differences in complexity between B2C & B2B billing
- Delivering centralised visibility and unified billing communications across fixed, mobile, data, hosted ICT etc
- Subscriber Data Intelligence & Customer Centric Observations
- Simplify billing comms to significantly enhance the customer experience and reduce customer care costs
Ian LindsaySVP Sales
STREAM ONE: NETWORK CENTRIC CEM - OPTIMISING YOUR NETWORK FOR QOS EXCELLENCE2:45 pm - 3:15 pm Using messaging as a pure channel for customer interaction Melanie Longdon - VP, Operations Care and Sales Liberty Global
- What are the benefits of pure messaging customer handling for both the customer and the operator?
- How does this process affect your current operating costs – is it the slow death of your call centres?
Melanie LongdonVP, Operations Care and Sales
STREAM ONE: NETWORK CENTRIC CEM - OPTIMISING YOUR NETWORK FOR QOS EXCELLENCE3:15 pm - 3:45 pm The Tech Factor! Which one is going to go the distance?
With so many tech innovations on the market, it is crucial that you challenge their impact on your service delivery, their impact on your budget and their impact on customer experience – are they worth your time and investment?
Take part in live polling throughout this session to ask the questions you haven’t time to ask to ensure you make informed decisions on your next investment.
- Has everyone gone blockchain crazy?
- The power of voice recognition
- The rise of smart bots
- The devil is in the detail with machine learning
And the winner is! Listen to our hand picked judging panel’s feedback.
STREAM TWO: CUSTOMER CENTRIC CEM - PUTTING YOUR CUSTOMER FIRST WITH EVERY INTERACTION1:45 pm - 2:15 pm The use of sub-brands to personalise Timea Kozma Zekany - Strategic E2E Process & CEX Lead UPC
- What are the risks of sub-branding – can you weaken your overall brand identity as a result?
- How do you communicate re-brands and sub-brands effectively to your customer?
- How can you tailor a brand to a regional audience whilst maintaining the strength and integrity of the parent brand?
Timea Kozma ZekanyStrategic E2E Process & CEX Lead
STREAM TWO: CUSTOMER CENTRIC CEM - PUTTING YOUR CUSTOMER FIRST WITH EVERY INTERACTION2:15 pm - 2:45 pm Why omni-digital is a key differentiator for outstanding customer experience?
- Customer expectations and behaviors change rapidly in an always-more-digital environment – what are they and how to keep up?
- How an omni-digital approach can enable outstanding customer experience?
- What are the major obstacles of an omni-digital customer care strategy and how to overcome them?
STREAM TWO: CUSTOMER CENTRIC CEM - PUTTING YOUR CUSTOMER FIRST WITH EVERY INTERACTION2:45 pm - 3:15 pm Why social media is a power not to be ignored Tom Bagnall - Group Director of Insights VEON
- Consumers don’t just listen to experts for product advice; they listen to other consumers on a mass scale. How can you optimise your sales through influencer marketing?
- How do you benchmark success when it comes to ROI of sales and leads over social media?
- Customer complaints over social media channels: understand the repercussions to react appropriately and quickly!
Tom BagnallGroup Director of Insights
STREAM TWO: CUSTOMER CENTRIC CEM - PUTTING YOUR CUSTOMER FIRST WITH EVERY INTERACTION3:15 pm - 3:45 pm What is added value to an enterprise? Achieving B2B brand loyalty Erik Meijer - Strategy GPM/Group Innovation - eCompany Deutsche Telekom AG
- What are the nuances between B2B and B2C interaction? Is it two different strategies altogether?
- With cost always being at the forefront of the B2B customer, what are the off the shelf innovations which can improve their customer experience ?
- Is there a way in which increased CEM costs can avoid being passed onto the customer?
Erik MeijerStrategy GPM/Group Innovation - eCompany
Deutsche Telekom AG
3:45 pm - 4:15 pm Afternoon networking break
4:15 pm - 4:45 pm How to turn the humble bill into your most valuable customer communicationAaron Fullen - Global Head of Sales BriteBill
It’s no secret that poor customer communication is one of the main causes of dissatisfaction and churn. From bad bills and impersonal emails to dull and disappointing digital experiences. As customer experience professionals take charge of smoothing out ‘bumpy’ experiences on the customer journey, how can they ensure that customer communications deliver their brand experience promise?
• Unlocking the power of your billing data as part of an overall CEM strategy
• Transforming your most-read communications into personalized, engaging interactions that cut costs, improve satisfaction and drive revenue
• Simplifying customer communications and making them easier to understand to triage issues
• Framing the conversation with the right tone of voice and brand personality
• Conversing with customers like you know, and care, about them
Aaron FullenGlobal Head of Sales
4:45 pm - 5:30 pm Interactive Discussion GroupsMelissa Harris - CEO and Founder Telecom Training Corporation
New for 2018, this series of interactive roundtable discussions will be designed by you, for you. Whilst we appreciate that presentations are a great source of information, we understand the value of discussion-based problem solving. With this in mind, you will select a key topic where you will join your peers to discuss challenges, develop a strategy and share your feedback with the audience.
Each person will have the opportunity to select and discuss two of the below topics for 30 minutes each, before people will be invited to share their thoughts collectively in the wrap-up summary session. Please note all attendees will be asked to provide their preferences prior to the conference to help manage numbers onsite and to avoid disappointment on the day!
Roundtable 1: Keeping up with behavioural analytics
Roundtable 2: Collaborating with your ecosystem to track customer patterns
Roundtable 3: Increasing your net promoter score (NPS)
Roundtable 4: Measuring call centre experience
Roundtable 5: Latest innovations in online analytics